Loading
a

Thursday, 4 June 2009

Barack Obama's Speech to the Muslim World

In a much-anticipated speech held today at Cairo University American President Barack Obama pledged to "seek a new beginning between the United States and Muslims around the world." Among his messages was a call for Americans and Muslims to abandon their mutual suspicions
and do more to confront violent extremism.
The New York Times has made important speeches by President Obama accessible to English Language Learners, and they did it again today.
Click here or the picture below to see the interactive video and transcript of President Obama’s speech to the Muslim world.


See also:
Addressing Muslims, Obama Pushes Mideast Peace
Barack Obama's Victory Speech

Click here or the picture below for an interactive timeline of Barack Obama's life and career.

2 comments:

RAR said...

I'm from www.myplaceforenglish.blogspot.com and I love your blog, we'll be in tauch, I´m also learning Italian so your web is perfct! thanks! RAR

Prof Zara said...

Wow! :D
Thank you so much, I'm so pleased to hear from you!

I really like your blog too and, as you can see, I've added it to my blogroll.

Please, do keep in touch, it'll be a pleasure!

Thanks again & Ciao! :):):)