Loading
a

Wednesday, 19 May 2010

Le vostre (migliori) lettere - Rachele


Dear Matthew,

Thanks you for your letter! It was so interesting to read it, especially the part about your hobbies! How are you? I hope you’re fine!

Today I don’t feel very well because I’ve got a little headache… nothing serious, anyway!

Now I’d like to tell you what I usually do in my spare time: on Saturday afternoon I go to the swimming pool because swimming is a very healthy sport and I’m a very good swimmer too. Can you swim Matthew? I learnt to swim when I was a child and I’ve been swimming for several years.

Do you like sport? What do you do to keep fit? I love volleyball because it’s a team sport. I like watching sport events on TV especially Italian swimming competitions!

I often go to the shopping centre with my parents. In the evening, I sometimes use the computer and surf the net. Have you got your own computer, Matthew? Or do you use your parents’ pc?

When I’m not at school and I have to look after my little sister, we both watch TV lying on our big, comfortable sofa. I have to say that, in general, I don’t really like watching TV, especially in the afternoon. Moreover, I always have a lot of homework to do and I study a lot so I don’t have much time. I don’t like going to the cinema with my friends, because it’s so expensive for me.

Now let me tell something about school: my favourite subjects are Maths, English, History and Music. What about you? Do you like Maths? Have you got a best friend in your class? My favuorite classmates are Lisa, Martina and Qiao Ya because they’re all very kind with me. I think they’re generous, sensitive and friendly and I generally get along very well with all of them.

Do you like Italian music Matthew? Do you know any Italian singer? The Jonas Brothers are my favourite band, I have all their CDs. Other singers I really like are: Sonhora, Lady Gaga and Beyonce. I love music and dancing too. I can name a band I’m not really crazy about: Tokio Hotel. Do you know them? I don’t like their music because I think it’s very boring.

What’s the weather like in Florida? Is it very hot? I really would like to visit Florida someday. Would you like to come and visit me next summer for your holiday? I’ve never been to the States but last summer I went to London with my family. We stayed in a very nice hotel in the centre of the city, just near the Big Ben. We spent only a few days there, but we had such a great time!

London is a big city and there are so many things to do, so many famous monuments and landmarks to see, for example Buckingham Palace, The Big Ben, Trafalgar Square… Have you ever been to London? Where did you go on holiday last year? Tell me all about it, please, in your next letter.

I hope my father will take me, my mum and my sister to the seaside next weekend. When the weather is fine, we often go to a summer camp, in a very nice bungalow. It’s fantastic!

Please, write again soon,

Best wishes

Rachele

No comments: