Loading
a

Wednesday, 19 May 2010

Le vostre (migliori) lettere - Vittoria

Dear Matthew,

Thank you for your last letter, I was very glad to receive it.

You asked me something about my free time. To tell the truth, I’m very busy these days because I’m taking my final examination in June and I’m studying study hard. When I’m not at school, and I haven’t any homework to do, I usually play computer games, play cards with my sisters, listen to music or read. When I’m on holiday, I usually stay with my family. We always talk a lot, about school or my parents’ work. Sometimes, I stay with my friends too. When we’re together, we have a lot of fun and laugh a lot.

There’s some important news you should know: I have recently broken my right leg while skiing. So now, I have to wear a plaster cast which is quite heavy and very uncomfortable. I’m using crutches too and I’m not doing physical Education at school. I’ve always played volleyball in a team, but now, because of my broken leg, I can’t practice any sport and I had to stop volleyball practice too. Do you like sport, Matthew? I know that where you live baseball and American Football are very popular but I don’t know much about these sports. Do you support a baseball or a football team? Do you watch the games on TV? I don’t usually watch sport events on TV but what I like best is watching the Olympic games. I really love it, especially when there are volleyball matches or swimming races. What are your favourite sports?

As I said, I like listening to music, and I really enjoy singing. My favourite singer is an Italian rapper, his name’s Tiziano Ferro. I love him because I think he’s very talented and his voice is wonderful: sweet but powerful at the same time. Whenever I’m sad or I feel lonely, I listen to his songs and he makes me happier!

I listen to music in my bedroom, especially when I’m tired. Music relaxes me and makes it easier for me to unwind and feel less tense. I don’t usually listen to rock music. I don’t like it because I think it’s too aggressive and sometimes a little hectic too. What kind of music do you like?

You also asked me about my favourite subjects. Well, they are Maths and Science but I don’t mind English. Next year I’m going to a Liceo Scientifico, that is, a secondary school where the emphasis is more on scientific and mathematical topics. As I said, I have a deep interest in Maths and Science and I want to study these subjects better.

My favourite classmates are also my best friends. Their names are Leonardo, Giorgia, Anna and Hilary but I love all my schoolmates and get along quite well with everybody in my school. My classmates are fun to be with and we always have a great time together. Who are your best friends? Are they in your class? Have you got a favoruite classmate?

What do you say if I come and visit you? I would love to meet your family and visit Florida!

Write me soon!

Love from

Vittoria

No comments: